Monday, April 12, 2010

There may be hope....

Friday night Ella was acting really sleepy, so around 10:30ish I got a shower and decided to try her out in her crib again, I thought, she's eaten, she's breathing ok (she's been really congested latly, therefore we got off track with getting her in the crib any earlier) so why not give it a try, well, we put her down, turn the monitors on, and I slept in the living room thinking I'd hear her better if she moved crooked or something! ha ha...Well, I set my alarm for around 1:30ish, that's what time she normally wakes up to eat again, and woke up and checked on her (i'm pretty sure I was sleep walking) and she was doing great-I was so shocked!!)so she slept up until 4:00, WHICH IS HUGE for us! Needless to say, I was super excited. Now the next night, were weren't so lucky. She gets on such a schedule with the babysitter, on the weekends she gets all out of whack! She kept me up all night, but I will say I have a wonderful husband, he offers to get up with her on the weekend mornings and let me go back to sleep for a bit. She's doing great with napping in there when I get ready in the mornings- I just wish I would have known to take her off that elevated positioner sooner-I was so worried about her horrible reflux, it didnt occur to me how uncomfortable that thing probably was, as soon as I bought the flat one without elevation, she fell right to sleep-now only to get her sleeping in it through the nights!And so are the adventures of being a new mommie!

3 comments:

  1. it will get better, just keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trial and error! It will get better:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the sleepless nights aren't fun but enjoy those precious times as best you can because they grow up so fast! Hang in there she'll be sleeping through the night before you know it! You're lucky to have such a great husband who helps out a lot : )

    ReplyDelete