Tuesday, March 30, 2010

For Ryan!

I had Ella! Woo hoo! Ha ha! Yes, it's been forever since I've been on here, but I have a good excuse, I've been super busy with a very high maintenance little girl that has stole my heart and daddy's too!
She weighed 7 lbs 9 ounces and was born at 11:59am, the nurses were really hungry and wanted lunch at 12!
I was actually scheduled to be induced that Tuesday (Monday was a holiday) but she decided to start making her way here that Saturday night around 7:00. I started having contractions and was bleeding quite a bit so I went to the hospital to get checked and they sent me home by 11 that night with a shot in my rear end--thanks guys, because that is exactly what you want to make you feel better, well, the shot was suppossed to control the contractions and let me sleep, but the contractions were down to three minutes apart and I'd dilated to 4 by the time I made my second trip to the hospital at 3am. Needless to say I was exhausted by the time she made it here, I didn't sleep from that Saturday morning around 8 until Sunday night around 10. I was still working full time up until Friday afternoon when they took one look at my huge feet and put me on bed rest. I didn't think I'd could be any more exhausted,that was until we brought her home and she decided she was hungry every 45 minutes! She's a healthy little one- she currently weighs 11lbs 14ozs and is 22 and 5/8 long!
I'll fast forward, it's been an eye opening adventure, but I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. I love her and could just hold her and stare at her for hours.
I went back to work yesterday after 10 weeks of being home with her and there's no way to describe what that felt (feels) like, leaving your baby with a complete stranger, my heart goes out to all moms (and dads) that have to do this.
I'll end this for now with a few photos.






Showing daddy how to play Xbox

2 comments:

  1. I am also glad you updated!!!! And, so happy about miss Ella coming to stay with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for updates! Can't wait to tell Ryan he can't talk bad about you any more! : ) It was so good to see you guys and see how much little Miss Ella has grown...she's such a doll! I hate that you've had such a hard week...you've been in my thoughts and prayers! Love you all lots!

    ReplyDelete