Saturday, June 6, 2009

Yay for Baby!

Soooo...We're having a baby!!! Yay! Now I can blog about my baby and quit stalking other peoples! Just kidding!...

I'll be seven weeks on Sunday the 7th! We found out at 4 weeks and I managed to keep my mouth shut! My sister swore she knew last week or so because my face looked swollen. Our families are super excited, and so are we!

Here's the low down, the elephant sized purple colored pre natal vitamins I've been taking make me feel like poo. I realized they were making me sick moreso than anything. I now wake up and drink a glass of water, eat a few saltines and pop a mint in my mouth while I get ready in the mornings. Then I'm chugging a Sprite on the way out the door and eat about a whole pack of Saltines when I get to work.

I'm usually the energizer bunny and am always, ALWAYS doing something, and now it's all I can do to get out of the bed in the mornings and to not hit the couch the minute I get home at night. I'm just so tired!

I went to the doctor last week and I weighed 132.6, which means I've already put on a little since the last time I went just for my neurology appts. I have a physical on Monday so I can't wait to see what I'll weigh then. My favorite two things, Coke and Chocalate now taste like the bottom of my foot, which is God's gift to me to get healthy! I've been eating Saltines, and carrots and haven't fried anything in the past week or so.. I'm trying to slowly replace all the bad eating habits I have. I guess the "metallic" taste in your mouth is going to hold true for me.

Learning how to sit still and rest and let people help me is going to be the biggest challege.. Becca, Kristin, Melissa and all the other mommies reading my blog, please fill free to share your wisdom!

Love you!

10 comments:

  1. OHMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!! This is SOOO wonderful! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted on FB, but we are so pumped for y'all. The tiredness will pass with the first trimester....then you will get a burst of energy and start nesting. Being prego was one of my favorite things. It is so awesome! We love y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gena, I'm SO excited for you!!! I still can't believe it. I mean, I knew yall would be pregnant within a year, but it is still crazy to imagine! Me and Missy can't stop talking about it! Missy's already planning baby showers.... shocking, I know. Haha! Well, love you so much and let me know if I need to do ANYTHING for you! Crazy weird cravings in the middle of the night? Maybe get Aaron for that one, but other than that you have my number ;) JK! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you guys!@ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Baby Horne!! We are so exicted for you guys and can't wait to meet the little one : ) Rest up and let Aaron wait on you as much as you can because there will come a time when you'll do just about anything for sleep...I promise! I've been giddy all weekend and just waiting for you to post so I could put something on my blog....hope you have a great week little mama : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for baby horne! I think it is a girl! I am so excited for you and Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! Enjoy the sleep...I think I slept the whole first three months with Cole, I do not even remember what Winston ate for supper during that time! Ha! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah!! Congrats on the upcoming new addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!! Take all the naps you can and sleep, in about 6 months you will be going to the bathroom every 3 minutes and will miss that sleep

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Gena and Aaron, I'm so excited for you and as for Melissa thinking it's a girl ... I think It's about time we had a boy and that's what I think it is. So there. I am praying for a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy! Sorry you're having sickness :(

    ReplyDelete